Forum > Gaming Discussion > Why are we so lazy?
Why are we so lazy?
avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 10 Apr 2009 01:14:49
0

I came to my attention that no one is really using the forums much. Why is that? I see Steel making a thread about Konami's new Iraq game at Gamespot, but not over here. Leo has not made a thread over here in a while. Why? It's just copy pasting! Copy the html page and paste it here.

We are missing so much potential here! Why did Vader, the Sega fanboy, not make a Yu Suzuki remembrance thread? Why is ArchHobo not copying threads from Gamespot and claiming it as his own? Why do we have so much Ps3 owners but hardly a thread? Where are the PC gaming threads? In short why are we so lazy?

What's the point of this site if we do not use it? Do you guys want this site to die?

To fix it,  we must make more threads. I already made four. I do not care if you copy it, I do not care if you steal whole threads from Gamespot or Neogaf and claim them as your own. If those pussies have trouble with it, they should post it here themselves. End of story.

Oh and people who come to this site to only post once and never again, can die in a FIRE!!

I am going to sleep, if I wake up I better see some new threads here!

Edited: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 01:16:00
The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6360
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 10 Apr 2009 02:52:55
0
I claim lurker status!

Hmm, maybe I can create a random topic generator

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 403
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-11-26
 
Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:49:31
0

I could pull out the "too Wii/DS focused here" card, but it's really my fault for not making threads about what I'm interested in (along with whoever else loves themselves some 360/PS3/PC). I'm just not a thread creating sort of guy, I guess. I didn't even reply to my own Killzone 2 thread, heh.

That said, there isn't really anything coming in the near future that I want to discuss.

--------------------------------------------

Listen to Iced Earth and play Doom

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46537
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:24:10
0

Iga_Bobovic said:

Oh and people who come to this site to only post once and never again, can die in a FIRE!!!

This.

Really I dont see the point in creating an account, posting once and then disappearing, hullo Godmode, Travo et al. Sad

EDIT: I take it back, Travo posted once more! Happy

The PS3 guys never seem to talk about PS3 games together.

The only people who enthuse about what they are interested in are the Nintendo guys.

I continually keep my threads updated whenever there is new stuff to look at. I know that threads typically run their course, but you see members here leaving some to die prematurely.

Edited: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:10:10

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 10 Apr 2009 22:56:12
0
Speaking of the lazy, where the hell are ArchHobo and Vader?!
The VG Press
avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 10 Apr 2009 23:26:42
0
the site does at times feel a little desolate but it can't be helped i think since there is only a relatively small number of us using it regularly.  hopefully this will change as it gains more members (but yeah it would help if they posted more than once).  robio and aspro have been awesome recently and are great to have here.  gamespot's ggd still has more people who would fit here nicely and need to be lured but it's up to the guys who still use that forum...

another side of the laziness i'd like to see change before too long is gaming together online.  we have a neat little community, many of us have and play the same games a lot of which have online components ... catch my drift?  i think weekly brawl, though very short lived, was an effort in the right direction and we should have more of that i feel.

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31234
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 10 Apr 2009 23:33:21
0

Again, sorry to say this guys but when I want to talk about PS3 games I go to GS where so many PS3 owners are. If I post it here who is going to respond, the same people that would at GS. And then I get a bunch of reaction from those without the system.  That said I dont make many new topics anyway.

As for Sega, Grammaton made the Yu Suzuki remembrance thread at GS. But at the RoF I went Sega crazy on UpInFlames, I got all my Sega love in that post.

660896.png
avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 10 Apr 2009 23:56:47
0

Dvader said:

Again, sorry to say this guys but when I want to talk about PS3 games I go to GS where so many PS3 owners are. If I post it here who is going to respond, the same people that would at GS. And then I get a bunch of reaction from those without the system.  That said I dont make many new topics anyway.

 But if you don't post topics here, then people will stay away from this site because they think we hate the PS3. Besides we have many PS3 users here and some like Punk are banned from Gamespot. 

And yeah I have noticed that you hardly post at Gamespot either. The GGD has more activity in actual topics, but they are sooooo boring lately. It seems that most of you guys have retreated to the Ring of Fire. And why the fuck did no one make a GTA Chinatown Wars topic at the GGD? I thought GTA was popular there!

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31234
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 11 Apr 2009 00:10:56
0

Iga_Bobovic said:

Dvader said:

Again, sorry to say this guys but when I want to talk about PS3 games I go to GS where so many PS3 owners are. If I post it here who is going to respond, the same people that would at GS. And then I get a bunch of reaction from those without the system.  That said I dont make many new topics anyway.

But if you don't post topics here, then people will stay away from this site because they think we hate the PS3. Besides we have many PS3 users here and some like Punk are banned from Gamespot.

And yeah I have noticed that you hardly post at Gamespot either. The GGD has more activity in actual topics, but they are sooooo boring lately. It seems that most of you guys have retreated to the Ring of Fire. And why the fuck did no one make a GTA Chinatown Wars topic at the GGD? I thought GTA was popular there!

Well I didn't make it cause I didn't play it until now, and I will make one right now. I dont get what the hell is going on with the GGD, so many games just go by unnoticed. Almost everything is happening in the ROF now.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15801
News Posts: 1042
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 11 Apr 2009 02:26:27
Well I don't make many topics at GS either because my "creative" energy is usually spent writing so all that I can conjure up is unfunny spam that only I get.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?